Renewable Energies come from sources that cannot run out or be depleted, for instance, the sun, or wind and seawater. It also includes plants, that when used, can be easily replaced by planting new seeds to grow and replenish.
Renewable energies are inclusive of these 5 technologies, which through their activities leaves no carbon footprint
- Solar Photovoltaic energies: Solar cells convert sunlight into energy. When sunlight falls on the semiconductor material of a solar cell, electrons are released that generates an electrical current. No greenhouse gasses are omitted, thus, this energy conversion does not pollute.
- Solar Thermal energies: Solar power is generated, through mirrors or lenses, a large area of sunlight is concentrated, which then drives a heat engine connected to an electrical power generator. This heat can also be stored in molten salts, which allows such plants to operate after dark.
- Wind Power energies: Wind power uses air flow through wind turbines that mechanically powers generators to produce electrical power. The Wind gives variable power and therefore is used in conjunction with other renewable technologies.
- Hydraulic Power energies: Hydraulic power is derived from falling water or fast running water. This is the oldest form of generating power, for example, the water wheels and mills from very early generations. This kind of power can use many different forms of water masses, for example, dams, rivers, slow flowing streams and even sea swells.
- Biomass energies: Biomass is biological material derived from living or recently living organisms. The conversion of biomass is achieved through different methods, thermal, chemical and biochemical, are the main forms mentioned. Wood remains the largest biomass energy resource used today. Biomass can also be made up of, wood chips, yard clippings, dead trees and branches as well as, municipal solid waste.
Renewable energy technologies do not leave a carbon footprint or produce greenhouse gasses as a result of its use. It does not cause, air, land or water pollution. And, lastly, but not least, because of its monumental growth, the Renewable Energy Sector creates a lot of jobs.